Renovators Delight – 1012m2 - Prestigious Hillside Location (Listing ID:278)
Address: 365 STANLEY STREET
City: NORTH WARD
Post Code: 4810
Year Built: 1923
Garage Size: 2
Land size (m2): 1012
Full Description: This amazing property is like a private oasis hidden away in a peaceful tree lined court in a sought after and prestigious neighbourhood characterised by stunning period homes on large blocks all in the shadow of our iconic Castle Hill.
The house is set towards the rear boundary of an impressive gently sloping 1012 m2 block with filtered views of Cleveland Bay and Magnetic Island to the North East as well as stunning views of Castle Hill to the South West. The block has been terraced and landscaped over the years to create multiple outdoor rooms and there is plenty of near level lawn for the children to run and play and plenty of shade from the established tropical gardens. You will instantly fall in love with this unique and valuable block.
To take advantage of the lovely outlook and the tropical surrounds the original owners have created multipe outdoor living areas including the front patio with BBQ area, side deck and impressive wrap around back veranda.
The charming character filled Queenslander cottage was built some time between WW1 and WW2 and has been gradually extended over the years to create ample indoor and outdoor living space and it has a deceptively spacious and functional internal layout.
Internally the house is like a time capsule and will need some updating in the future to realise its full potential. This is reflected in the asking price which is definitely entry level into this exclusive hillside enclave full of million dollar homes. An enthusiastic home renovator could easily bring this home into the 21st century while still retaining some of the gorgeous period features that are evident throughout the house. There is also potential to further develop the huge 1012m2 block.
Some of the stand out features of this charming property include:
- gently sloping 1012m2 block with terraced lawns and tropical gardens
- filtered views of Cleveland Bay, Magnetic Island from the whole block
- stunning views of Castle Hill from the front yard
- Queenslander home with heaps of original character and charm
- off street covered parking for two vehicles
- covered front patio with deck and BBQ area
- spacious kitchen and formal dining area to the front of the house
- large air conditioned lounge area with original polished timber floors, high ceilings and gorgeous feature archway
- 3 spacious bedrooms all with built in wardrobes
- bedrooms 2 and 3 each have their own study opening through French doors onto the deck
- large air conditioned master bedroom situated at the back of the house looking out to the deck
- additional Study/Library opening onto the deck through concertina doors
- expansive wrap around covered deck with built in bar and glimpses of Cleveland Bay
- family bathroom with shower, w.c. vanity and large storage/linen cupboard
- internal laundry facilities
- period features throughout
- downstairs workshop and large full width storeroom/multi-purpose room
If you are looking for a renovator with massive potential on a big block in a very desirable North Ward location without breaking the bank, you really can not pass up this opportunity to create a dream home in a magnificent location with very little risk of overcapitalising.
Available for immediate inspection. Please contact the Exclusiv Agent Simon Wright anytime to arrange a private viewing.